stefano´s blog

Welcome to my blog. I did this blog in Nr.Hide class and you are all welcome, and I hope you like it.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Henry hoping to stay at Arsenal & His Third Award


Henry has been named Football player of the Year for a record third time by the Football Writers' Association.
The 28-year-old Arsenal captain is the first player in 59 years of the award to receive it three times.
This season he has broken the club's all-time goalscoring record and led the Gunners to their first European Cup final against Barcelona in Paris.
The striker was Footballer of the Year in 2003 and 2004 but last year's winner was Frank Lampard.

Henry who has been linked with Barcelona has said he wants to stay at Arsenal beyond next season.
His contract ends in 2007 and many people think that he will leave the club and stop playing for the Spanish champions.
He told the Sun newspaper: "The truth is I love this club and I've made my mind up to stay".

"I can say to all my fans and the people who care about me I want to lead the team out in the new stadium."

Arsenal will kick off the new season in a new home just down the road from Highbury, called the Emirates Stadium at Ashburton Grove.

Henry has been an Arsenal player since 1999, and this season became the club's leading goalscorer of all-time. But he will have to agree a new contract if he wants to stay with Arsenal. And if Henry doesn't sign a new deal before the summer of 2007, then a new club could take him from Arsenal without paying transfer free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home