stefano´s blog

Welcome to my blog. I did this blog in Nr.Hide class and you are all welcome, and I hope you like it.

Friday, September 15, 2006

Roger Federer with his third US Open

Have you ever heard about Roger Federer? The Swiss world number one fought a brave challenge from America's Andy Roddick to win 6-2 4-6 7-5 6-1 and takes the title for the third time. It was a ninth Grand Slam victory for Roger, who also won Wimbledon for the third time in a row this year. He is trying to chase Pete Sampras's who have a record of winning 14 major titles. Roger took his victory in 2 hours 26 minutes in front of 23,000 spectators.

"I'm glad it all worked out because tonight was very difficult against Andy.
"I'm really happy to see him back at the top and I'm really happy to play against him."


I think Federer is the one for this US Open, because he has put a lot of effort on this sport to chase Sampras. It is not easy to chase Sampras who have a record of 14 major titles. But I think he is going to chase him. I am mostly sure that he is going to win next US Open, and not also that I think that Roger can be the best tennis player of all the times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home