stefano´s blog

Welcome to my blog. I did this blog in Nr.Hide class and you are all welcome, and I hope you like it.

Monday, January 15, 2007

My Intro...

My name is Stephano P., but my fiends call me Tefi. I live in Cartagena, Colombia. I’m thirteen, but I’m almost fourteen. What I most like to do is to play soccer with my friends. My favorite team is Arsenal. I also like to play the accordion –I’m learning how to play it.

I’m concerned about global disarmament and the use of children for war. I think that many young people –as the ones of my age- are so busy on having good times that they don’t realize that there are many others suffering due to wars. Also, that we, human beings, are damaging our lives –our bodies, our minds- with many things as chemical and radioactive substances, new types of foods, weapons, pollution, and drugs.

I think that the best way for solving these problems is to stop fighting. But this is not as easy as we would like because we have to change the way we feel and think. I also think that in order to change we have to be educated. I mean, government must have to prepare people to educate us on the culture of love and tolerance. People in every country should work on spreading the terrible consequences of war and child soldiers. Teachers should be trained on how to teach us respect for life and for differences.

Every government should make a system of programs for people to learn how to avoid, stop or refuse to be involved on any of these problems. Some examples are having conferences periodically in which people who have suffered any of these problems can expose his or her experience, or having organizations and institutes with workshops in which people from different ages can learn and practice what is being tolerant. And to share them with others from different parts of the world.

My favorite soccer player is Thierry Henry who plays in Arsenal F.C., and also Arsenal is my favorite team. I like other teams like Valencia or Rome, but steel Arsenal is my favorite. In world Cups Italy is my favorite, but when Colombia qualifies obviously is team I go for. Write now there is a sub-20 tournament in Paraguay, South America where all the team of South America competes. Colombia is one of those and in there group the won first place by winning to Argentina, Ecuador, Venezuela and loose one with Uruguay.

On Colombia sub-20 there is a player whose name is Pino and he is from Cartagena. Pino is the best player of Colombia sub-20, but he had only score one goal vs Ecuador, and that goal took us to the victory.

On Friday January 19 Colombia will play vs Chile and we are all sure Colombia will be the victorious.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:01 PM, Blogger Isa M. said…

    Hey ya (loco)!
    Yes, I agree with you about all of the drugs and cigarrets. Teenagers are trying alcohol and cigarrets just for group preasure and we have to stop that!

    Bye you crazy guy! See ya (k)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home